Monday, February 18, 2008

To Dream the Impossible Dream...

Well. Its 2008. A time for new dreams. A time to refocus your life. A time of reflection.

God has put a new dream in my heart here lately. At first I thought it was just something I would like to try...more or less a hobby. But the more I hear music, the more I'm sure that God has given me a new dream.

The problem is, every time someone hears about it, or whenever I talk about it to my husband, all I get in return is chuckles.

So without further adieu, here it is.

I want to be a breakdancer.

I'm not joking. I'm not playing. I'm not being silly. I seriously with everything in me want to break dance. I find myself doing the robot around the office. And when I know that no one is looking at me in cubby, I will do dance moves. I drive around town dancing my seat. And my goal right now is to learn how to do a head spin.

I know, its sad. Not sad, its more or less kinda strange. But as my Dad always says...God IS a strange God. And I can only imagine Him laughing at me dancing...especially when I think no one is watching, He is ALWAYS watching.

There were some famous dancers in the bible...David danced before the Lord...Miriam danced once the Israelites crossed the Red Sea...so I figure that dancing can be an expression of pure joy and thanks to God for creating me.

So with that...I keep my eye on the prize. And I can almost see that head spin coming to pass...

posted by Sarah W @ 7:51 PM  

4 Comments:

  • At 4:22 AM , Blogger Rachel said...

    Sarah, you are seriously the most random person I have ever known! Good luck! Maybe next year you can go out for So You Think You Can Dance. :)

     
  • At 11:23 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    YOU MAKE ME SMILE!!! IN more ways than one! I love you and I can't wait to see the video!

     
  • At 5:04 PM , Blogger Rachel said...

    I just replied to your email but it was returned to me. Do you have a different address I can send it to?

     
  • At 10:17 AM , Blogger ilovestargate said...

    hahaha that is so great sarah. i can videotape it and it'll be like old times! :) i looove you

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home