Wednesday, November 14, 2007

More Happier Updates...

Well to date I've lost 42 pounds. When I began I was wearing size 22s really tight (and 24s more comfortabley) and now I can safely say that half my pants are size 14s and the rest still 16s....but HEY that is an incredible achievement and I'm really happy with the results. I wish that the weight loss would happen a little faster, but it has been slow and steady so hopefully that means I won't gain it all back at one time when I get off the diet. I read that people w/ PCOS have a higher risk for developing diabetes due to the underlying insulin resistance, so I believe this low carb, low fat way of life might be sticking around for a long time.

I start decorating for Christmas. I love Christmas. It's one of my favorite holidays. I have put up my little lighted Christmas Village. We hung the stocking with care in hopes that St. Nicholas would soon be there... (whoops) No, but we did hang up our stockings and were happy for add the third stocking for Sampson...

That does lead me into a funny little blurp about that dog.

Every year at COTRs fall festival I adopt a stuffed animal or two. This year I adopted a Skunk Beanie Baby name Bobo and a Plush Hawk (that actually screeches) named Apollo. Now, Bobo has been put up and out of sight, but for some unknown reason, Sampson has been hunting Apollo. I keep putting Apollo up in places that I think he can't get to him, and sure enough minutes later there's Sampson giving me that "oh mom please can I keep him" look with Apollo sticking out of the side of his mouth. Apollo used to be this plush soft stuffed animal, but not anymore. He is prickly and crackly feeling b/c of all the times that Sampson has tried to eat him. I will not be surprised if I get home tonight and Apollo is on the floor again. I keep telling Sampson "no", but he doesn't listen to me.

Apart from Sampson's mischievious ways...Shannon and I are having the great christmas tree debate. I want to put the tree up NOW and him after Thanksgiving. I have given him several good reasons why now is the better time, but he keeps saying "tradition"! (Like Repteviah on Fiddler on the Roof har har)...so leave me a comment and let me know what you think about the great christmas tree debate...

posted by Sarah W @ 12:05 PM  

2 Comments:

  • At 4:14 PM , Blogger Crystal's Elite Dance Studio said...

    I'm struggling with this idea as well. Because I want to enjoy my time of christmas decorations (since Makenna might come in Decemeber). Plus, it's just one week. Does it really matter? Besides, some people keep their decorations up all year, so you atleast have a few more eager beavers than you. =) There is NOTHING wrong with being excited about decorating for Christmas. So, I vote for you putting the tree up now before sunday so i can see it!! YAY!

     
  • At 3:56 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    I say but it up NOW!!! TODAY!!! Let eveyday be MERRY!!!

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home